Styron is proud to participate in the chemical industry’s Responsible Care® initiative. In November 2010, Styron's President and CEO Chris Pappas officially endorsed Responsible Care® and pledged to operate the company according to its Guiding Principles globally.
Responsible Care® is a voluntary initiative of the global chemical industry to safely handle our products from inception in the research laboratory, through manufacture and distribution, to ultimate reuse, recycle and disposal, and to involve the public in our decision-making processes. Developed in Canada in 1987, Responsible Care® has quickly spread to 53 countries. While Responsible Care® goes above and beyond what is legally required in most countries, we hold ourselves accountable by making Responsible Care® a “condition of membership” in industry associations.
Styron uses the Responsible Care® management system framework and will report the results of its first formal review of its efforts to implement Responsible Care®, which is expected to occur in 2013.
For more information, refer to:
- U. S. American Chemistry Council Responsible Care®
- U.S. American Chemistry Council (ACC)
- International Council of Chemical Associations’ Global Responsible Care Initiative
- Canadian Chemical Producers Association
- European Chemical Industry Council (CEFIC)
- Brazilian Chemical Industry Association
® Responsible Care is a registered service mark of the American Chemistry Council